Posted 15th November negotiable Northern Ireland # PM899410
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with a creative and innovative Food business where the customer comes first with the appointment of a high achieving Technical Manager to be based in Northern Ireland.
What we have to offer:
- Excellent salary
- Progressive business
- Culture of togetherness - collaborative approach
Your new role as Technical Manager:
Reporting to the Technical Director your job purpose is build strong relationships with third party contract manufacturers across all product categories and to drive an effective third party contract manufacturer approval and monitoring programme to capture all key food safety information.
- Interface and build strong relationships with third party contract manufacturers across all product categories (longlife MAP, fresh and frozen) and regions Ireland, Europe and United States
- Drive an effective third party contract manufacturer approval and monitoring programme to capture all key food safety information including site audits and / or technical site visits to contract manufacturers (Ireland, Europe and America)
- Implement an effective annual Surveillance Programme for Third Party contract manufacturers for allergens, nutrition pack claims and shelf life to measure Food Safety Compliance and meet Brand due diligence requirements
- Ensure that all copackers in conjunction with the NPD Team develop documented Product & Packaging quality attributes prior to first production run
- Ensure that there is an active specification for all products which is updated at recipe change and reviewed minimum every two years, which includes copies of HACCP Process Flows, Shelf Life validation, Allergen & Nutrition Pack Claim validation
- Drive raw material and blender nominated Supplier approval ensuring that audit non-conformance close out actions are effective and timely within the NPD stage gate process for new Suppliers or product line extensions with current Suppliers
- Assist in the development of a robust TACCP / VACCP Risk assessment for Products with both internal Teams and Copackers, nominated raw material, blend or packaging Suppliers
- Implement a rolling annual schedule with Contract Manufacturers to review all products against specification with all actions closed out and projects initiated as required
- Lead out the Product Recall / Withdrawal Team with scheduled challenges with copacker sites to complete mass balance and trace exercise
- Support and drive the Quality agenda and build strong working relationships with all Departments (R&D, Technical, Procurement, Planning, Projects, HR, Commercial, Marketing) for the development and deployment of a comprehensive Quality & Food Safety Programme
- Develop and implement a Critical Food Safety Risk Assessment process for all products which is embedded in the NPD stage gate framework
- Support the Commercial and NPD Teams to develop robust pack claims which meet regulatory requirements in all regions
- Lead out quarterly Quality Reviews with the Senior Leadership Team
- Drive compliance of legal and brand requirements to produce safe and trusted quality products
- Ensure that customer complaints and non-conformances are effectively closed out and any risk to current product in the market place is risk assessed with input from relevant teams and escalation within the business for crisis management, product recall / withdrawal as appropriate
- Assist in development of quality and food safety policies and standards for new product introduction to copackers, working with designated counterparts within copacker sites
- Assist in the development and sharing of best practices and horizon scanning of emerging issues / initiatives impacting company Food Safety & Product Quality
- Work with Senior Team to support Copacker Quality Programme to develop long term strategic direction to include target setting and ambition.
- Develop strong external links with suitable professional organizations (specifically gluten free) to drive best practice, influence industry direction and build our peer relationships
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of an Honours Science degree in Food Science/ Quality Management.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Management experience in a food manufacturing environment preferably at group level dealing with multiple sites or copackers
- Knowledge and experience implementing Quality Systems, BRC Global Food Safety Standard and Retailer Standards
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, TACCP / VACCP / Food Fraud
- Strong regulatory knowledge for both product and process
- Experience of implementing a gluten free programme
- Remote auditing experience
- Self-starter who can work to critical path targets
- Quality risk-based thinking and decision-making ability
- Clear demonstration of an ability to provide guidance and motivation to others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisation and planning skills
- Strong computer application skills (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Full clean driving licence and own transport is essential
- Ability to travel internationally as required for business needs
- Flexibility to work in ROI 2 days per week depending on business needs
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul Muir to discuss this or other Agri-Food /FMCG opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.