T&D Estimator (Electrical Engineer)
Posted 24th November € 40,000 - € 45,000 Dublin # 899469
Job title: T&D Estimator
Salary Range: €40,000
Vickerstock are working with an award-winning Engineering Contractor whose expertise and capabilities span many sectors including Mission critical, Industrial Manufacturing, Biopharmaceutical and Utilities.
Due to continued growth and success and with a wide range of upcoming projects in Dublin and Europe they have a requirement for a Junior Electrical Engineer to join their team.
This is the perfect opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with a T&D backrgound to make a move into an Estimating position where they will be provided with full training and support to build a very successful career and work on some of Irelands most complex engineering projects in Ireland and further afield.
- Prepare and Submit Technical Submittals for approval,
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, specialist designers, manufacturers, etc. with respect to the specification, validation and value Engineering of products and equipment to be supplied to the project,
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system,
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Engage in Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc,
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, marketing and construction teams,
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Minimum 2 years previous experience within the construction industry is desirable but not essential
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is essential
- Knowledge & experience of current IS, BS, EN and IEC Standards,
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are required,
- Experience in Amtech, Dialux, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software,
- Good knowledge and proficiency in using Navisworks suite of tools,
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy,
You will Receive
- An opportunity to work locally, nationally and internationally
- Exposure to develop design, construction and commissioning processes
- A structured development programme focusing on personal, professional/technical and leadership development
- Access to a senior business leader as a personal mentor
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Aimee McSorley on +353 15267473 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.