Senior HSEQ Advisor
Posted 4th May negotiable Leinster # JM898674
Senior HSEQ Advisor, Utilities and Telecoms, Leinster
Our client is a leading provider into the Telecommunications, Transport and Infrastructure sectors across Ireland, UK and Internationally. We are currently assisting them with the sourcing of an experienced Senior HSEQ Advisor for the Leinster region.
This role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks, ensuring high standards of HSEQ are attained and continually improved and to ensure all HSEQ legal obligations are met.
Key responsibilities as Senior HSEQ Advisor include:
- Development of the HSEQ Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQT statutory duties is achieved.
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- To support the delivery of the HSEQ strategy for the Company and to assist in achieving continuous improvement in HSEQ performance across all parts of the company.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQ Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfils its obligations under HSEQ legislation.
- To support the development of the Company culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQ performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- Offer competent advice on HSEQ Matters to the company and its staff.
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQ obligations.
- Develop and instigate HSEQ initiatives.
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the HSEQ Manager, HSEQ targets, objectives and KPI's.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001.
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues.
- Training - undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy.
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
Skills & Experience required:
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within a civil engineering or telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- CSCS Card.
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact James Manley on 015267473 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland and Globally.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.