Senior EHS Advisor
Posted 25th November £ 50,000 - £ 60,000 Meath # JH899406
Senior Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
Cavan / Meath
Excellent Salary / Remuneration & Development opportunities
Vickerstock are delighted to be assisting our Manufacturing client for a Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor across two sites Cavan & Meath.
Responsible for actively encouraging and developing a safe and environmentally conscious culture through all areas of and ensuring compliance with statutory legislation.
- Diploma or Higher in Environmental Health & Safety
- 3+ years EHS experience within a manufacturing setting desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation, Standards and Best Practice
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Management Systems essential
- Experience of dealing with EPA and IPPC license
- Knowledge of COMAH and ATEX process desirable
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing and supporting the H&S management system across two sites
- Conduct on-site risk assessments and review current risk assessments
- Co-ordinate the collection of accurate KPI data
- Develop, implement and update H&S policies and procedures
- Design, plan, conduct and/or co-ordinate appropriate H&S training programmes (i.e. manual handling, first aid etc)
- Carry out induction training for new employees
- Ensure H&S legislation and Environmental compliance.
- Educate and coach managers and employees on how best to improve the safety and performance of their teams
- Update the Company Safety Statement when required.
- Conduct accident investigations and implement timely corrective actions.
- Chair site safety committees.
- Actively participate in Daily morning meeting to update Mgt team on EH&S issues
- Manage and coach direct report EH&S Coordinator
- Undertake any other tasks appropriate to the position, as requested by management
- Undertake flexible working hours to meet deadlines
If you have an interest in the Senior EHS Advisor role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Jamie on 01 526 7473 to discuss in confidence.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.