Quality Assurance Auditor
Posted 12th May negotiable Dromore, County Down # PM900011
Quality Assurance Auditor
Vickerstock are delighted to be continuing our successful partnership with our ambitious and rapidly growing Food Manufacturing client in their search for a talented Quality Assurance Auditor to join their Team in County Down.
This business love hard working and committed people which is no doubt reflected in its excellent reputation for Quality across the globe. They believe, 'the more you put in the more you get out'!
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Quality Management System, ensuring the business is compliant with relevant customer and legislative requirements.
- Salary £24k - £26k DOE
- Weekly shifts - Week 1: 7am-3pm and Week 2 - 11am to 7pm
- Progressive and successful business
What your typical day will look like:
- Audit, monitor and evaluate implementation of Quality Systems and Procedures
- Provide technical support for functional teams.
- Maintaining and promoting food safety, quality and integrity standards across the factory site.
- Identify and highlight compliance and non-compliance with Legal and Customer requirements, especially food safety and integrity.
- Working along with the operations team to identify root cause, corrective actions and to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintaining and developing sections of the Quality management system in line with our customer requirements.
- Supporting other functions within the technical team such as specifications and supplier approval.
- Daily monitoring of production for compliance with BRC and other third party / customer standards.
- Maintaining production records, traceability, developing QAS documents and training materials.
- Completion of maintenance/ fabrication audits, cleaning checks and swabbing.
- Dealing with customer complaints and internal non-conformances.
- Co-ordinate internal and external sample requests/shelf-life taste panels.
- Training of staff in site hygiene procedures.
- Building excellent working relationships with the cross-functional teams, our suppliers and our customers.
- Assisting in customer and third-party audits
- Track, report and follow through on any NCNs.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and visitors.
What you will need to secure your new role:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a food or science-related discipline, or 2 years' professional experience gained within a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge /understanding of HACCP
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Competent using IT software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous bakery or confectionary experience
What to do next:
If you would like to be a part of a growing business get in touch now:
Please contact Paul Muir to discuss this or other Agri Food/FMCG opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.