Maintenance Engineer (Days)
Posted 22nd November £ 35,000 - £ 35,000 Newry & Mourne, County Down # WW899295
Monday - Friday Day shift
£35k + Overtime
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with one of Northern Irelands top FMCG companies to recruit a maintenance Engineer for their site in Newry.
This is a full-time permanent role within their Maintenance department, your primary focus will be to ensure the maximum uptime on machinery across the weekday shift pattern.
Maintenance Engineer - Duties;
- Work continuously to ensure that all scheduled engineering maintenance works including diagnostic fault analysis are actioned.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Management and Production Manager, maximise the utilisation of the site's assets while taking all opportunities to minimise costs.
- Help drive the site's Net Zero Energy efforts by exploring and taking all available opportunities to reduce energy usage.
- Ensure the upkeep of the assets and fabric of the site.
- Carry out schedule-based maintenance work on equipment, buildings and services and repairs, overhauls and installations as appropriate. General maintenance and breakdown activities, resolving causes of defects for allocated cell/area
- Fault find mechanical and/or electrical faults and repair equipment in a breakdown situation. Deliver sufficient callout support and handovers to ensure reliability and performance of the plants machinery in line with agreed service levels.
- Proactively identify and deal rectify potential equipment/services issues
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and prioritize work as agreed.
Maintenance Engineer - Criteria:
- Time served qualification in a Mechanical maintenance/engineering related discipline. NVQ Level 3 and City & Guilds or equivalent Mechanical qualification.
- Proven successful experience in a similar role.
- Experience servicing and repair of electrical, electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems
If you are looking to advance your career as a Maintenance Engineer and meet the above criteria, then please contact Warren Watson on 02890 313720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.