Health and Safety Manager
Posted 10th May negotiable County Armagh # JM900098
Health and Safety Manager, Manufacturing, County Armagh
Leading manufacturing business who develop and manufacture innovative plastic pipeline solutions for the water, wastewater, energy & power, district heating and telecoms sectors are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Manager.
The candidate will work under the direction of the organisation's General Manager and lead health, safety and wellbeing progression and adherence for all Northern Ireland operations.
- Drive the implementation of Health, Safety and Wellbeing policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Support and assist the team in developing and maintaining the company's SHE management systems in-line with accredited ISO standards.
- Act as the site subject matter expert and key point of contact for all H&S matters
- Assist in the development and implementation of H&S strategies and action plans to ensure the business continually improves.
- Actively lead the site on its safety journey and work closely with key stakeholders are to ensure they are engaged in the safety improvement journey.
- Develop, promote, support and deliver programmes to reduce the occurrence of Loss Events.
- Participate and drive both pro-active and re-active H&S monitoring techniques to assist with achieving established key performance indicators.
- Audit, analyse and report Health, Safety and Wellbeing performance to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies as required.
- Assist with all forms of hazard identification and risk control programmes to identify, assess and control the businesses occupational SHE risks.
- Provide training and support to all managers/employees as applicable to aid them in fulfilling their Health, Safety and Wellbeing obligations
- Work closely with the Safety teams across the Company to ensure sharing of best practice and alignment with wider company programmes.
- A proven track record in health and safety leadership
- NEBOSH qualified but ideally to the equivalent of NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ4 level (in health & safety).
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Computer literate and able to manage own workload to priorities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to engage with a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups in relation to health, safety and wellbeing.
- Negotiation skills to ensure that health, safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of all day to day decision making.
- Patience and diplomacy are essential to ensure that operational objectives on safety, health and wellbeing are delivered in the face of potential competing priorities.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations.
- Membership of either IOSH/IEMA or equivalent HS&E bodies would be advantageous.
- An investigative mind.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering real change in health, safety and wellbeing improvements, particularly within and shift based manufacturing.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact James Manley on 02890 313 720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland and Globally.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.