General Manager - Distribution
Posted 25th November negotiable Belfast, County Antrim # PRM889472
General Manager - Distribution
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Vickerstock are proud to working exclusively with a progressive and expanding Distribution Company, a leading supplier of fixings and fittings to the Construction Industry, with the appointment of a General Manager for their Belfast based distribution facility.
Renowned for its' excellence in customer service and strong company culture + values, this is an hugely exciting time to be joining this long established business. You will work with passionate and supportive people focused on achieving and fulfilling their company's ambitious growth plans.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
Our Client value their people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including:-
- Performance related bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Generous holidays
- Free onsite parking + much more
People are the foundation of this businesses success and without doubt, are what make it great. That's why they also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
How you will contribute:
As the General Manager you will form part of the Senior Management Team and will play an integral role implementing, communicating and ensuring delivery of the Company core values, business strategies and objectives across the Group.
- Increase management's effectiveness by selecting, training, coaching, and managing personnel; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; and providing career progression opportunities.
- Establish plans, budgets, and measurement of results; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making corrections where necessary.
- Coordinate policies and practices for procurement, storing, delivering, marketing, sales and providing technical services; coordinating actions with department heads.
- Oversee the monitoring of stock levels to maximise the availability of stock and minimise the amount of slow moving stock while complying with the annual budget.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, suppliers and employees; enforcing moral and ethical business practices.
- Build and maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards as defined in ISO9001:2008.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional bodies.
- Ensure the site operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation, communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures and make necessary recommendations
What you will bring - key experience, skills and behaviours:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience at a General Manager level within a Distribution/Warehousing setting.
- Proven track record in developing operational efficiencies and process improvements
- Energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer and supplier contact and is the norm and effective customer communication is essential
- Success and previous active involvement in warehouse distribution improvement projects and strategic planning
- Excellent knowledge of inventory and stock management processes + methods
- Commercially focused and committed to achieving targets.
- Champion of change management, adaptable to embrace and drive change.
- High proficiency in IT skills/systems and reporting tools
- Degree or HND level qualification in Distribution/Warehousing
- NEBOSH qualification
- Experience of working with/implementing a bar code warehouse system
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss this General Manager opportunity in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
Our Client are a fast-moving organisation so we will review applications as received. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.