Kildare / Dublin
Competitive Salary, Pension, Healthcare discounts and Career Development plan
Vickerstock are delighted to be working with a leading provider of Transport & Logistics in Ireland / Europe, who are seeking a qualified EHS Officer.
Reporting to the QHSE Manager, the EHS will be to maintain the Safety and Environment Management systems within the organisation to meet legal and customer requirements.
What are we looking for in the person?
- Have a minimum of a Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Some experience of environment, health and safety but not essential as full training is given.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations, if they arise.
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office packages
The role involves:
- Providing EHS induction training for all staff.
- Carry out Risk assessments (Chemical, VDU, etc) on all of our sites.
- Maintenance of Safety Statements across all of our sites.
- Carry out various audits/inspections required under the Active Monitoring program.
- Investigate accidents, as required.
- Ensure Near misses and Spill reports are completed.
- Organise Health and safety training for all of our sites (manual training, forklift-driving, first aid, etc.).
- Attend Weekly EHS Performance meetings.
- Carry out various tasks associated with one of our sites being an Upper Tier COMAH site.
- Preparing EHS performance reports as required.
- Maintenance of ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System.
- Management of Waste Collection Permits.
- Dealing with Customers and Regulators on EHS matters, as required.
- Stay up to date with all current company and HSE Covid-19 guidelines
- Point of contact for Covid-19 queries
To apply for this EHS Officer position please click apply below and send your CV, or call Jamie on 01 526 7473 to discuss in confidence.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.