Health and Safety / EHS Advisor
Construction - Cork
Cork based Construction Company are looking to appoint an experienced Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor.
The Role of the Health and Safety Advisor will be to guide, support and advise Project / Site Managers and other relevant personnel on the implementation and continuous improvement of the Companies systems and standards in accordance with their Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- BSc in Health and Safety/Higher Diploma SHWW/ Diploma SHWW
- Ability to advise on Health, Safety and Environmental issues on a day to day basis on site, attend site meetings, chair site safety meetings.
- Ability to carry out and write site inspection reports and site audit reports, deliver site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Ability to recommend to Project/Site Managers appropriate corrective actions to address risks highlighted in inspection and audit reports.
- Ability to write, review and assess risk assessments, method statements and advise on how risks could be reduced further.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competency & Behaviour
- Is pro-active and self-motivated
- Can work unsupervised
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Has excellent communication skills, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
- Private Health Insurance,
- Pension Contribution,
- Death in Service Insurance and
- On-site Gym
- Health & Safety: 3 to 5 years (Required)
- Advanced/Higher Certificate (Required)
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career within Health & Safety, then please contact James Manley on 01 526 7473 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.
James Manley is a dedicated Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist at Vickerstock Technical and Engineering Recruitment. He is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and recruits all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor and Officer across the Island of Ireland.
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.