Posted 11th May negotiable Navan, Meath # LI899650
Navan, Co. Meath
Vickerstock are delighted to be again working with a leading business within the design, build, operation and maintenance of Water & Wastewater treatment facilities.
Reporting to Management the AutoCAD Technician will be required to work with the project team, assisting in the preparation of high-quality engineering drawings for a broad range of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. This role is primarily office based with site visits as required to support design and drafting activities
Your new role as an AutoCAD Technician;
- Work as part of a team in delivering multiple projects and tenders at any one time, embracing the ethos of "one team" culture.
- Preparation and submission of planning, tender, design, construction and as constructed drawings in consultation with Project Manager and designers
- Drafting of piping systems, sheet metal, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, P&ID's, mass balance and process flow drawings.
- Visit sites to assess site, take dimensions and create detailed and accurate drawings for manufacture.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to import, validate and assess 3rd party supply packages and incorporate these into the overall design.
- Provide recommendations on equipment and package design as part of the design and drafting process.
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies.
- Monitor progress of your workflow to ensure delivery in line with works programme, adjust workflow and rate as necessary to achieve or better completion date.
What you will need to succeed as an AutoCAD Technician;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a similar role, preferably in the engineering sector assisting in the preparation of drawings for outline and detailed designs
- Minimum of a Level 6 Higher Certificate/Diploma in a relevant Mechanical/Civil Engineering qualification
- Experienced in the lifecycle delivery of mechanical engineering projects from concept design through to completion
- Ability to work as part of a team in project delivery and provide input at team meetings
- Good working knowledge of engineering draughting software including AutoCAD and Inventor is essential
- Working knowledge of REVIT and Navisworks desirable.
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) including model intelligence, embedded information and COBie extraction desirable but not essential
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Leah Irwin-Black for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through
Apply for this Role
Interested in applying? Please leave your details in the fields provided.